Why are you in pain?
- Expulsion of a disc fragment into the spinal canal
- Compression of a nerve root by this fragment
- Triggering of nerve pain in the nerve that runs down the leg (sciatica/cruralgia)
Which examinations should be carried out before consulting us?*
- Lumbar MRI
*Examinations required for the study of your case at the CCV Montpellier
What surgical treatment can we recommend?
- Minimally invasive transmuscular approach for the treatment of herniated disc
No matter where you are in the world, receive a surgical assessment of your back problems in just a few clicks.
Online surgical advice, video teleconsultation or complete organisation of your medical stay. We are here for you.
The key points
- Indication: Herniated disc resistant to medical treatment for more than 2 months and/or responsible for paralysis
- Minimally invasive technique: Transmuscular dilator tubes
2 to 3 cm
in the lumbar region
Duration of surgery
Average length of hospital stay
< 12 hour (outpatient)
Average recovery time
Minimum duration of absence from work
Period before starting back driving
Duration before resuming sports activities
Flying home after surgery
Duration of evolution until the final result of the surgery
*These are mean times, with possibility of significant variability from one patient to another.
Target your pain, diagnose its cause…
We treat all spine and disc conditions. Click and learn more about the origin of your pain.