Why are you in pain?
- A disease which deforms the spine during growth by curvature
- Very gradual onset of abnormal curvatures of the spine, accelerating during adolescence
- Sensation of spinal deviation, rib cage deformity, shoulder asymmetry or pain in the middle part of the back.
Which examinations should be carried out before consulting us?*
- X-rays of the entire spine Front and Profile view or EOS imaging
*Examinations required for the study of your case at the CCV Montpellier
What surgical treatment can we recommend?
- Correction of spinal deformity by fusion
- Pre-implantation scanner and muscle saving method patented by the CCV Montpellier
No matter where you are in the world, receive a surgical assessment of your back problems in just a few clicks.
Online surgical advice, video teleconsultation or complete organisation of your medical stay. We are here for you.
The key points
- Indication: Scoliosis curvatures exceeding 40-50° at the end of growth
- Minimally invasive and safe technique by CT scan for screw placement in the vertebrae
vertical on 20 to 40 cm
in the back
to 4 hours
Duration of surgery
Average length of hospital stay
Immobilization: removable thermoformed brace for 6 weeks
Average recovery time
Minimum duration of school absence
Duration before resuming sports activities
Flying home after surgery
Duration of evolution until the final result of the surgery
*These are mean times, with possibility of significant variability from one patient to another.
Target your pain, diagnose its cause…
We treat all spine and disc conditions. Click and learn more about the origin of your pain.