Why are you in pain?
- Demineralization and weakening of the bone as a result of osteoporosis
- Crushing of the vertebra on itself, due to a minor trauma or even without any apparent cause
- Pain in the centre of the back that intensifies with position and effort
Which examinations should be carried out before consulting us?*
- Lumbar MRI
*Examinations required for the study of your case at the CCV Montpellier
What surgical treatment can we recommend?
- CT-guided cement injection (Cementoplasty)
No matter where you are in the world, receive a surgical assessment of your back problems in just a few clicks.
Online surgical advice, video teleconsultation or complete organisation of your medical stay. We are here for you.
The key points
- Indication: Recent vertebral compression fracture (according to certain criteria)
- Percutaneous technique: CT-guided cement injection under local anesthesia
Duration of the procedure
period: relative rest for 2 to 4 weeks
Minimum duration of absence from work
Period before starting back driving
Duration before resuming sports activities
Flying home after surgery
Duration of evolution until the final result of the surgery
*These are mean times, with possibility of significant variability from one patient to another.
Target your pain, diagnose its cause…
We treat all spine and disc conditions. Click and learn more about the origin of your pain.