LUMBAR DISC DISEASE
Why are you in pain?
- Degeneration of an intervertebral disc in the lumbar region, due to multiple factors (genetic, postural, traumatic, overload, etc.)
- Disc pinching, with dehydrated, bulging (protrusion) and sometimes inflammatory (modic changes) appearance of the disc
- Chronic band-like lumbar pain increased by exertion, driving, static sitting and standing and sometimes associated with bouts of blockage
Which examinations should be carried out before consulting us?*
- Lumbar MRI
*Examinations required for the study of your case at the CCV Montpellier
No matter where you are in the world, receive a surgical assessment of your back problems in just a few clicks.
Online surgical advice, video teleconsultation or complete organisation of your medical stay. We are here for you.
The key points
- Indication: Low back pain resistant to medical treatment for more than 12 months, with repercussions on daily activities justifying a surgical procedure
- Minimally invasive technique: Implantation by mini-retroperitoneal approach
5 to 8 cm
at the abdominal level
Duration of surgery
Average length of hospital stay
Average recovery time
Minimum duration of absence from work
Period before starting back driving
Duration before resuming sports activities
Flying home after surgery
Duration of evolution until the final result of the surgery
*These are mean times, with possibility of significant variability from one patient to another.
Target your pain, diagnose its cause…
We treat all spine and disc conditions. Click and learn more about the origin of your pain.